SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® is Brand Name used for a product line of "100% Synthetic Super Lubricants" that Permanently replace conventional Petroleum Motor Oil, Gear Oil, Power Steering Fluid (PSF) or Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) in all motor vehicle applications.
SynLube™ ORIGINAL "Syn!" was the first product that replaced conventional Motor Oil
in all internal combustion engine applications.
It was the most popular version of SynLube™ Lubricants that were marketed since 1969 under the trademark name SynLube™.
The ORIGINAL formula was modified in 1985 and then again in 1996, to match the demands of modern automotive engines.
Since its introduction in 1996, SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® is the FIRST and still the ONLY Motor Oil capable of "for Life" service without oil changes.
Technically correct term for SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® is:
Synergy of Synthetic Non-Petroleum Lubric Multi−Oleum Penta−Fluids and Tri−Solids in Lyophilic Sol.
• Synergy = Combined action of two or more components, where the end result is positive or beneficial.
• Synthetic = Man made, not occurring naturally.
• Lubric = Smooth, slippery or having the ability to lubricate = Lubricant
• Multi = Many or composed of many component parts.
• Oleum = Oil or oily substance.
• Penta = Five (5)
• Fluid = Liquid state of mater
• Tri = Three (3)
• Solid = Solid state of mater
• Lyophilic = Colloidal state where the suspended particles have strong affinity for the suspending medium (liquid or gas), and therefore do not separate or settle out.
• Sol = Colloidal state where solid particles are dispersed in a liquid.
• Syn = German Code Name for development of synthetic lubricants for jet engines in military aircraft during World War II. The Code Name was a short form for term meaning:
"Synergy of Synthetic Oils for Lubrication"
"Synergie von synthetischen Ölen für die Schmierung"
• Petroleum = From Latin Petra (Rock) and Oleum (Oil) therefore meaning "Rock Oil" the term is commonly used to describe products made from "Crude Oil".
• Non = Not of; Not containing.
SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® is a synergetic mixture of five liquid and three solid, synthetic, man made, chemically inert non-petroleum lubricants that are thermally stable at temperatures from -65°F (-54°C) to over 500°F (260°C). Sub-micronic* solid particles of Graphite, Moly (MoS2) and PTFE (Teflon® ) are colloidally suspended in a solution of liquid multi-viscosity lubricants.
* 25,400 microns or micro-meters is equal to one inch, the solid particles used in SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® range in size from 0.1 micron to no more than 1.5 micron (see SEM image below).
For comparison typical human red blood cell is from 5 to 7 micron across
(see SEM image at same magnification level below).
The sub-micronic spherical colloids (as seen in the first above image) of Graphite (small), Moly (medium) and PTFE (large) act as miniature ball bearings that not only greatly reduce friction but also prevent direct metal to metal contact and thus also greatly reduce mechanical wear.
SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® is chemically inert and does not oxidize nor decompose like conventional Petroleum Motor Oil.
In most applications SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® never needs to be changed during the useful life of most vehicles.
is a super
lubricant that contains Graphite, Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2 - Moly) and PTFE
solid lubricants in sub micronic colloidal suspension as well as chemical
detergent-dispersant additive package and PTFE resins, anti-corrosion and
anti-foam additives, and also special boundary lubricant in a blend of liquid
100% synthetic hydrocarbons and selected esters.
No Petroleum Carrier oils are used in SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® .
SynLube™ Lube−4−Life® is a fully formulated complete lubricant package, therefore no other additives or improvers are required nor should be added.